Friday, November 2, 2007

Conservatism - my core belief

When I go to a restaurant, I follow the waiter around to ensure the meal is properly documented. Nor do I go into the kitchen and check the ingredients or watch the chef prepare the food. But I do look at my tab to ensure the price is accurate and to calculate the tip.
Voting for a person requires the same level of trust. It is because of this trust that a campaign must be based character, not the electorate. For example, if a person believes that abortion should be legal, he should express those beliefs when running for office. If the electorate agrees, they will vote for him.
Remember, not all issues are known when campaigning - like people flying jets into large buildings - but if you agree with the character of the candidate, you will be more comfortable with decisions when the unexpected happens.
Then, when it comes time for re-election, you review your tab and calculate the tip.

No comments: